Where to eat the best Tapas in Barcelona
Looking for a restaurant to eat tapas shouldn’t be all too difficult in Spain. These yummy bites, coming from the traditional Spanish cuisine, are to be found on every corner, street, and sidewalk. But, with such a big city like Barcelona, it can be hard to find the best. Here are 6 all-time favorite Barcelona tapas bars, where it’s guaranteed that the next bite is even better than the last.
Simple but brilliant. With an interior unlike most tapas bars in Barcelona -stylish and modern- Vinitus is a hit with locals and tourists alike. Don’t be surprised by the long queues outside, the restaurant doesn’t take reservations but works with a waiting list. Way to avoid the wait; arrive early before the locals do, which is usually around 20:30.
Tip: Going for white wine instead of Sangria? Their Verdejo (€12.8 p/bottle) is incredible!
2. Casa Lolea
We said it before, and we’ll say it again. A visit to Casa Lolea is a must; only if it’s just for their unparalleled truffle risotto. Casa Lolea is furthermore renowned for its dotted bottled sangria, which is sold around the world. That and the cozy atmosphere are more than enough reasons to visit the restaurant hidden in the streets of Eixample. Make sure to call ahead to ensure yourself of a seat.
Any ham lovers out there? Perikete is the place you’ll want to go. The fairly new restaurant features a nostalgic interior, with ham covering the entire ceiling, barrels of vermouth that are placed above the bar and a selection of over 250 wine bottles placed throughout the bar. The owners specifically aimed to recreate tapas bars as they used to be. The result? An incredible authentic Spanish tapas bar, with great service and an atmosphere alike. Another bonus: the restaurant is very price friendly,
For more information visit www.gruporeini.net/perikete/
4. La Flauta
Dine where the locals dine, at La Flauta. For over 25-years la Flauta has proudly served the Catalonian locals with qualitative tapas, building a name for itself one step at a time. Now, the tapas bar is more popular than ever and ques running along the street aren’t uncommon. Just walk up to the bar and place yourself on the waiting list, same things as our no 1 on this list. The service at La Flauta is pretty fast so the wait probably won’t be that long. Overall, the price and quality of the food are excellent.
Expect to pay around € 25 per person for an evening filled with tapas and wine.
5. Bar Lobo
Just an alley away from La Rambla, in a rustique square, lies Bar Lobo. The light and modern bar, that features an open kitchen, is in particularly loved for its sun faced outdoor terrace in the afternoon. Their menu goes beyond your traditional tapas classics, so even for those who think they’ve had just about enough tapas, Bar Lobo has got you covered. For an extensive dinner, with a jug of cava sangria expect to pay €30 per person.
For more information visit www.grupotragaluz.com/restaurante/bar-lobo/
6. El Nacional
Okay, so maybe this doesn’t qualify as just a tapas bar, but it deserves a prominent spot on this list. El Nacional is a massive compound, that’s elegant nevertheless, right in the heart of Barcelona. Within the compound, there are 4 distinct- bars and restaurants. All specialized in a specific matter such as beer, wine, cava cocktails for the bars. Meat, fish, rice, and -of course- tapas, for the restaurants. In the tapas area, the way things work is slightly different than what you might be accustomed to. Obers stop by with a diverse range of tapas- whatever is fresh and ready to go out of the kitchen- and will show/sell you what they have. See something you like, grab it on to the table and the bill will be compiled later.
For more information visit www.elnacionalbcn.com/en/
Not in the mood for tapas? Visit one of our other favorites!
Brunch & Cake
Brunch & Cake; where every item on the menu is a feast for your eyes. Due to its success, more and more Brunch & Cake restaurants are popping up throughout Barcelona. No matter where you’re located, one is ought to be nearby.
Flex & Kale
Flex & Kale, serving good-food-that-is-good-for-you. Their menu consists that for 80% out of plant-based items, the remaining 20% percent includes oily fish. Make sure to order the watermelon & feta starter while your there, yumm!